Kyle Allard
Kyle Allard,
Experience:  Technology Consultant at Destination Cloud Ltd
107309638

My existing routine password at the point I log on to my

Customer Question

My existing routine password ***** the point I log on to my computer each time is old and I should like to change it for the purpose of my privacy. How do I do this?
JA: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?
Customer: I am not having any trouble. My enquiry is that for the purpose of my personal privacy, after I have logged on in the usual way by entering my exisiting password ***** should like to replace it with a new password ***** only to me.
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: I am not using my Desktop Machine which is being repaired, but no problem I am contacting you on my laptop and the Tab on my laptop reads:-
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: intel Core i5 7th Gen
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I haven't tried anything on my laptop (or my desktop) because I don't know what to do I simply use the same 7 digit password ***** time I start up. I have beed doing this for years and I am keen to set up a new password. Is there a facility for this after I have successfully logged in using my existing password?
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kyle Allard replied 18 days ago.
Hi There, you are through to Kyle and I will be heading up your case today.

Can you confirm the device or account that you are trying to change the password for please?

Kyle
Expert:  Kyle Allard replied 16 days ago.

Hi There,

I have not heard back from you on this.

To reset your Windows password please follow this official Windows 10 guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4490115/windows-change-or-reset-your-password

Is there anything else that I can assist with?

Kyle

Expert:  Kyle Allard replied 15 days ago.

Hi There!

I have not heard from you on this so I am going to assume that you no longer need my assistance and that all is well.

If you require anything further please do get in contact with us again.

Thanks for using Just Answer, have a great day!

Kyle