Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  System Engineer
102326245

I need help with downloading films on my kids amazon fire,

Customer Question

I need help with downloading films on my kids amazon fire
JA: How old is your Fire?
Customer: about 18months
JA: What have you tried so far with your Fire?
Customer: on the kids profile there are some films they might like..... there is no option to download these films? Then when I go into my husbands profile I can find loads of films to down load on our prime account but I can only download these on this account ....How do I put films they want to watch onto their profile? So that when we go away they have about 6 films to watch. Every time we go away we have no films on their fire !
JA: The Android Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to put films and apps onto my kids fire so that we have them on holiday
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Andrew Taylor replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.
My Name is***** will do my best to help you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Are you ready to start?
Thanks Again,
Andy

I will do my best to assist you with your problem. As you have not replied, I will give you the best answer possible, with the information you have provided.

Provided you have an Amazon Prime account, you can download its movies and TV from Amazon Video to your tablet. Just tap into the movie or TV show you want, and then tap the download button.

Next, choose the download quality you want. A screen will pop up with your options and lets you know approximately how much space will be used. The lowest, Data Saver, takes up the least amount of space, while “Best” takes up more. Once you figure out the quality of the video you like, you can set it as the default, so this screen isn’t popping up all the time.

Head to your Video library > Downloads to access and remove all of the titles you’ve downloaded.

Like on other mobile devices, you can download Netflix content for offline viewing, too. If you’re a Netflix subscriber, launch the app and find what you want to watch, and tap the download icon next to the listing. You can’t download everything from Netflix, but there is a good amount available. If you only want to browse downloadable content, tap the menu button from the Netflix app and tap “Available for Download.”

You can manage the quality of videos you’re downloading from Netflix, too. Go to App Settings > Downloads and tap Download Video Quality and choose whether you want Standard or High quality.

Head to “My Downloads” to see what you have downloaded to your tablet. Here you can also see the size of each file which will help you decide which quality setting to use.

It has been my pleasure to help you today, please let me know If you need any other assistance.
Thanks Again,
Andy

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Andy, thank you but I know how to download things on my account but I can’t download anything on my kids profiles . There are movies and tv programs on the kids profiles on their amazon fire tablets. There is no option to download on their profiles. Equally I can’t put any films on prime and put it on their profiles.
If you have any ideas then please let me know.
Amanda
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok another question. Do they need special children’s accounts with amazon in order to download? We have an amazon prime account under my husband and my name. I am wondering I had a special kids account that came with the fires and only lasted a year?

Add or Remove Content in Amazon FreeTime Profiles

You can add and remove apps, books, movies, and TV shows in your child's profile in Kindle FreeTime. Help for Kindle Fire (2nd Generation), Kindle Fire HD 7" (2nd Generation), and Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (2nd Generation).

Only you can add or remove items in Amazon FreeTime, but your child can open and use the content you add.

Important: Personal documents, music, Prime Video rentals, and videos Included with Prime can't be added to a profile. Public library books or books borrowed from the Kindle Owner's Lending Library can be added to your child's profile, but will be removed when the lending period expires.

1. From the Parent Settings page of Amazon FreeTime, tap Manage Content & Subscription.
  2. Enter your Parental Controls password, and then tap OK.
  3. Tap Add Titles to [Your Child]'s Library.
  4. Tap the checkbox next to each title you want to add to your child's profile. To remove the title, uncheck the boxes next to the title.

Tip: Tap For Kids to view recommended family-friendly content titles in your library, or tap a content library (for example, Books) to view and select individual content titles on your own.

Removing a title from your child's profile does not permanently remove it from your Kindle Fire. If you'd like to delete an app or book from Amazon FreeTime, press and hold the app or book when you're inside a child's profile, and then tap Remove from Device.

Note: Movies and TV Shows can only be deleted from your Kindle Fire outside of Amazon FreeTime.