Brian Atkins
Brian Atkins,
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer at Intermedia
107179634

I recently upgraded my outlook from 2013 to 2016 I lost my

i recently upgraded my outlook from 2013 to 2016 I lost my contacts. Can I find them anywhere? I have Win 10 Pro
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on my laptop it is part of office 365- it is working fine. the trouble is i hoped it would keep my old outlook address ook
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried searching for a contact file
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i don't think so, if you can point me in right direction I can give it a go

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

An independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is Brian and I am happy to be assisting you today!

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me.

I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Depending on how Outlook connects the contacts would either be stored locally on the machine in a PST file or on your email server. I would suggest logging into the webmail version of your email and check if the contacts are there. If they are not, you will want to do a search on your entire computer for any .pst files. You can then open the PST files in outlook to see if they have contacts in them using the following instructions.

1. On the File menu, point to Open, and then click Outlook Data File.
  2. Click the . pst file that you want to open, and then click OK. Note: The name of the folder that is associated with the data file appears in the Folder List. To view the Folder List, on the Go menu, click Folder List.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Brian

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
could I just type in *.pst?

yes you can do that in the search in windows.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
ok wish me luck :-)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
no luck i'm afraid