Tech Expert
Tech Expert, PC Support Specialist
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer
104823085

My kindle has frozen on the screen, Any of the books I have

Customer Question

My kindle has frozen on the screen
JA: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?
Customer: Any of the books I have down loaded
JA: What Amazon model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Kindle paper white
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't have a computer only my ipad
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tech Expert replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Kindle. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
May I know whom I am chatting with?

May I know if you are still connected with me?

Hello, I noticed you haven’t had time to respond to my inquiry, so based on the information you have given me for your Kindle, this is the best answer that I am able to provide at this time. If this does not solve your issue, please feel free to come back and provide me with more information and I will do my best to help you find a solution.

If the screen on your device is frozen, try holding down the power button for 7 seconds. A menu should come up that will allow you to select an option to restart the device. If the menu fails to pop up, try manually restarting the device by holding the power button down for 40 seconds.

If restarting the device doesn't cause the screen to change at all, the screen itself may need to be replaced. Before you decide to replace the screen, make sure to double-check that there are no problems with the battery, because the battery will be less expensive to fix than the screen will be.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thankyou for your help and support the problem has been corrected thankyou very much

You are welcome. Thank you for contacting us.