Robert H
Robert H,
Experience:  IT Senior Client Services Engineer at DTE
106466437

Google asked me if I wanted them to restore my lost files

Customer Question

Google asked me if I wanted them to restore my lost files and I declined but I would like them to do it if they still can
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Aspire 5750
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried to redo the work but it is taking longer than I thought
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will Google be able to restore the lost files ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert H replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is Robert and I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

Expert:  Robert H replied 12 days ago.

I’m so sorry to hear about your issue. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Gmail does have a form that can be filled out in the event someone broke into your account and deleted the messages. They will investigate to see if anything can be restored.

You can fill out the form here:

https://support.google.com/mail/contact/bugs?ctx=bugflow_receive31

As I said this form is meant to be used when someone breaks into your account or there is an issue on Google's end. When filling out the form do not say you were cleaning your inbox or accidentally deleted mail. Just say you logged into your account and everything was gone. If possible the server engineer will restore your inbox. In most cases they do not let you know if they can restore it, you will just see the mail start to return to your account usually within 30 minutes to a few hours but it could take longer.

The sooner you fill out this form the better chance you have of getting the inbox restored.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Robert_IT

(Your friendly expert)