Tech Raksh
Tech Raksh, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Customer support Engineer
105058687

I have a hotmail account - all has been well until this

I have a hotmail account - all has been well until this morning when I could not get on to my account. I have tried everything including changing password ***** can you help me please?
JA: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?
Customer: I can not get on with my iPad either
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I think so (but that would have been a long time ago)
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried on my Mac & my iPad both seem the same

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. My name is Rakshith. I am happy to be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble login to your Hotmail account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know if you are receiving any error message while login to your email account?

May I know if you are still connected with me?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No message but "wiggly line" showing not connected (ok on my iCloud account) I have tried many things and may have made it worse!

Let me go ahead and remotely access your computer to fix this issue for you. You can see each and every step that I perform and you can disconnect me at any time. May I go ahead?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
can we try without remote connection

Sure. Please do follow the steps in the below link to reset the password to your Email account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10494/microsoft-account-recover-hacked-compromised-account

If you are unable to reset the password to your email account using the steps in the above link, I suggest you to submit the form using the below link to recover the Email account.

https://account.live.com/ACSR

If in case the email is not recovered after submitting the form, I suggest you to use the below number, which will get connected to Microsoft customer service, they will be able to help you to recover the account for you.

(0)344 800 2400

1800 102 1100

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks bye

You are welcome. Thank you for contacting us.