Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

Kamil or Pearl, I have tried by mobile to speak to somebody

Customer Question

Hello Kamil or Pearl
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: I have tried by mobile to speak to somebody but can't hold on any more - credit getting low! For some time now my land line (020 8464 9810) has not been working well. There is often an irritating buzz on the phone or the phone cuts out during conversations or I can't hear the person I am speaking to although my family say they can hear me perfectly well. Over the last few years the line from the telegraph pole into the house has been replaced as this fault on my line is not new.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 17 days ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That buzzing means there is interfence in the line, i suggest first checking the phone line cord from the jack to the base handset. If needed, start by replacing that. It could also be interference in the antenna and line. You can also try with a different hand set to see if it happens and replace the faulty one

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello Ameen, Thank you for your reply. We did change over the handset some time ago in case it was a fault with the telephone but the buzzing persisted. We swapped it back again to the old phone because there was no difference to the problems.It is very difficult to hold a conversation when you can’t hear the person you are talking too and the buzzing noise really interferes with conversation. We don’t know what you mean by the antenna.
Mrs Southgate

I see, since you have replaced the handsets/phones Now you should explore other areas to replace such as the phone line cord coming from the home jack to the base unit. If after that it still persists then its the line from the outside box to your home jack that needs to be replaced