Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I run a MAC, with Parallels virtual machine to run windows.

Customer Question

I run a MAC, with Parallels virtual machine to run windows. Windows became a struggle yesterday and I experienced the BSOD! I then had to install a newer version of windows into my Parallels. I have a folder in the old, corrupt windows that I need to extract as it has critical information in it. Can this be done?
JA: When did you last update your Parallels software?
Customer: It is set to auto update
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 17 days ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That window.old folder will only have the Windows Temp files. if you are referring to critical info such as Documents/desktop files then those would have been wiped clean since you re-install windows

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.