Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

My problem is my wifi it keeps dropping out all the time

Customer Question

my problem is my wifi it keeps dropping out all the time sometimes for a long time i have done all the checks but still no good
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: no
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: they are all green at the mo but middle 1 goes orange when it drops out
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: or goes completly off
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 13 days ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That is most likely a network settings issue OR interference in the signal, its best to first modify the settings to 2.4ghz with channel 11 and reboot the router

If that does not work then look for any interfence devices in the environment and remove them

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
router was already on channel 11

Did you try the other steps?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
wot u mean by interference dives and how do u remove them

Interference is in the environment, so if you have a wireless cordless phone that can be interfering, or a neighbours wireless network can be conflicting as well