Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

Having problem with dvd player not playing, have windows 10

having problem with dvd player not playing
JA: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: have windows 10 new desktop and had to buy asus dvd player
JA: What have you tried so far with your Asus media player?
Customer: it loads its own disk but plays nothing else pc can't even manage to load 32 bit word prosesser
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: have checked I have all latest drivers
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Desktop asus 4 weeks old and same for dvd player. loads its own disk of rubbish but nothing else.. pc did show what dvd is in but none of the media sytems play it..
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Seems like you are missing the software to play the videos from the DVD> for that download and install this software to play them - its called VLC Player -

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thank you VLC works fine to play DVD..I have since checked all drivers on PC.. all state they are up to date.. the problem is or seemed to be software DVD's.. have since loaded printer and another program, worked fine.. So the only problem seems to be the loading of a new flight simulator DVD.. Pc doesn't know its there.. so have tried disk on another PC.. same problem.. so assume its the disk not DVD player.. Thank you