Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I am trying to reconnect my printer (Canon Pixma MG5450) to

I am trying to reconnect my printer (Canon Pixma MG5450) to my PC and the setup asks me to press and hold the WPS button. I have no idea where this button is.
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Acer Aspire computer
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: I lost internet connection about 10 May and a new router arrived today which I set up and now have internet access again so was trying to reconnect the printer
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am having problems with the service provider being unable to sort out a password ***** with my account access but I don't think that should involve the printer.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That WPS button is located in the front of your router (that is the internet modem). Press the WPS button down for a few seconds to connect

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Do I have to hold the button down all the time until the connection is made?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I tried holding the WPS button down all the time it was trying to connect but it still timed out and didnt connect

You have to start the connection process from the begining again that means