Alex Royce
Alex Royce,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Prism
104779581

I need to get into WhatsApp settings please. I must have

I need to get into WhatsApp settings please. I must have pressed the wrong button and have ended up with background data on show & don't know how to get rid of it - plus I've lost the ability to be able to give usual requests/commands
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?
Customer: Google / Samsung / Chrome
JA: What have you tried so far to uninstall your WhatsApp software?
Customer: Tried to get into Settings (WhatsApp) plus trying to delete some functions. I'm afraid I not very computer literate & current phones have minds of their own
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so plus I'm not sure what to ask - sorry

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To get into WhatsApp Settings, please go to the main page where you see a list off all of your conversations. From there, please tap the Three Dots at the top right and then tap Settings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ricky, Thank you for your reply but I don't think the problem is completely resolved. As against each contact this little message appears -2 ticks WhatsApp Morgan Christie Yildrim (my daughter who is my most frequent correspondee) I have no idea how this happened, but I can't get rid of it. This is also accompanied my screed of whatsapp data. Could you look into that for me please? I'd be hugely grateful if you could. At this moment I'm still unable to use WhatsApp.
Liz O'Donnell

Please uninstall Whatsapp and reinstall it. If the issue persists, please send a screenshot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Rick, but anybody knows to click on the 3 dots - I asked about all the background data which appeared from nowhere which you have not addressed. That must have been the easiest £5 you've ever "earned".

Hello I am another Expert.
I also have a Samsung and have been using Whatsapp for years but have never seen a screen where you see the data usage next to the contact's name.
You will have seen the data usage option when you tap the three dots but that gives you are a separate screen which shows the data usege. To get back to your contacts list you can press the left arrow at the top left of the data screen or the back button on the bottom right of your Samsung.
The two ticks simply show that the message has been delivered to the person (but maybe not read).

Could it be an app that you have installed to help with your data usage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi hongkongpom (great namr),
I will try out the advice you gave me & cross my fingers that it works. Another piece of "expert advice" from Ricky was to uninstall WhatsApp then to reinstall it. I wasn't willing to do this as I was afraid of losing important data.
I'm interested in your theory of a newly acquired App, it makes sense. I recently downloaded Googles Free Music app, which I found acted in a haywire fashion & dated about all over the place. Will try out your tips & get back to you. Meantime, thanks - Liz

You are welcome.
If it is a Google app then you can trust it I think it must be a third party app that keeps track of your data but I wish that you could send me a photo of what you are actually seeing as I have never seen this and have been using Whatsapp for years.
Best of luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi hongkongpom,
Sorry I'm just getting back to you. I tried your suggestion and it didn't produce anything constructive. To get the problem fixed properly I think I will go with the remote connection. However, I await a new visa card from my bank. I expected it today but I think it may be delayed due to Bank Holiday. Therefore, can I get back to you whenever it arrives as I don't want to use the replacement card, as it is a Credit Card & I don't want interest on top. Is that ok with you? I hope it can be sorted out asap. Thanks - Liz

Hello there sorry but I can't connect to your phone.
Does this data message appear every time you open Whatsapp and it is always over your contacts?
Is there anything at the top or bottom of the data window that gives a clue to the name of the app please?

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a821c9db-1cc8-4f91-befa-11a488dbff2f please select this link and follow the on-screen prompts. Please then provide me your cell \ email in the private contact box beneath this chat. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is for hongkongpom,
In reply to your query, the whatsapp message has attached itself to 3 of my contacts. My daughter, son-in-law & a female cousin. Please let me know what else I need to provide you with in order to get started.
It's confusing as there are messages all over the place. I informed Just Ask that I wanted you to handle the problem, but there are all sorts of messages from different sources.

Hello again I'm at a loss without seeing a screen shot.
When you are seeing the Whatsapp, press the home button on the bottom of the phone at the same time as the power button.
This will take a screen shot which you can attach to your reply using the paper clip icon in this conversation.
https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi HKP,
I tried to do as you asked, but I don't think it could have worked. I hate to play the sympathy card, but a few years ago I had a stroke & unfortunately my cognitive abilities are not what they once were. Sometimes when I'm presented with problems involving files & data etc my brain seems to melt. If there is anything else I can try please let me know. Liz

Alex Royce,
Experience: Technical Consultant at Prism
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FAO: Alex Royce
It would appear you have resolved the WhatsApp problem. Thank you, ***** ***** your work.
Liz