Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  System Engineer
102326245

My gmail account has suddenly stopped showing my sent emails

My gmail account has suddenly stopped showing my sent emails either in sent emails or all emails. This is making it difficult for me to check what I've sent when. Can you suggest a fix please.
JA: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Both on my phone and laptop. the problem is on both devices
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'm starting with you!
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Go to www.gmail.com

Click the gear icon and open "Settings," then choose "Labels" to see which of your message types are displayed in the left menu. Click "Show" beside "Sent Mail."
Then send an email and tell me if it shows please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the gear icon isn't immediately obvious
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'd rather not at this point. Can you not help unless I do?

You will see it in the top right in www.gmail.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see a question mark, a P (for Philip), some dots referring to apps but nothing looking like a gear icon. Sorry to be dense
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there Richard or have you given up on me?

Can you do the steps on your computer instead please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was trying both the phone and computer and there is nothing visible in the top right that seems to be what I'm looking for

On the computer, you go to

wwww.gmail.com

Sign in and you will see it top right

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd earlier declined the remote connection if it could be avoided and the price has gone up by £16 in the last 10 minutes so I'm not exactly tempted. If there's nothing else you can offer, I will have to leave it at this point but will be unlikely to be recommending the service if that's the extent of what you can propose
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have logged into my account and described what I can see

I am sorry you are disappointed in my service.

The gear wheel is there, when my instructions are carefully done, it shows on any computer using that web page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking at the front page of my gmail a/c which is welcoming me. In the right hand corner from l-r is a question mark in a circle, three rows each of three dots and an orange circle with a white P in it. That’s it. On the left of the front page is a vertically-listed ‘menu’. This comprises home, personal info, data and personalisation, security, people and sharing and, finally, payments and subscriptions. I the centre of the page, there are four other items each with an icon. These are privacy and personalisation, we keep your account protected, account storage and take the privacy check up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that help or have I been disconnected?

I do not know which page you are on but it is not www.gmail.com sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i AM FINALLY IN. CAN YOU REMIND ME WHAT i NEED TO DO (apologies for cap lock!)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says show in bold and show in IMAP at the end of the row

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replied and confirmed that it does have show in bold and show in IMAP at the end of the row

yes I saw and replied

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry. I thought I had answered that. Is there something else I need to email. When you say to tell you if 'it shows' is there something else you are asking about?

Can you please send an email and tell me if it shows please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You seem to have repeated the email you sent a few minutes ago and to which I replied. What is it you are asking? I thought I had replied to the question about what is showing next to sent mail in the labels section of my settings. I don't understand what else it is you are asking me

I do not understand the confusion with me asking you to send an email and see if the problem is resolved.

Please explain what you do not understand with this instruction I keep repeating to you please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think what I failed to understand was that you were asking me if the problem was resolved. You had not specifically asked that prior your last email.The answer is unfortunately no

I feel there is a communication issue here, I believe it is best I opt out for another expert you may have better success with.

You do not need to do anything, you will be contacted when another expert takes over.

Thank you and all the best

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The test emails I have sent since Richard decided he couldn't cope with me any longer do seem to be now registering as sent mail. Do you think there is a way of retrieving those that I sent when the system was malfunctioning

Please read the following response in its entirety carefully.
It sounds like you may have already done this but the primary way to reset a Google password ***** ***** using the online account recovery tool. That tool can be found by clicking on the following link: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
It will take you to a page where it will try to verify you as the owner of the account. If it can verify you, then it will give you the option to reset your password ***** recover your account.
IF THAT does not work, for any reason please fill out the bottom part of this form: https://support.google.com/accounts/contact/disabled2
Be sure to include a secondary e-mail address that you currently have access to where they can contact you. Google will be the only ones who have direct access to your account, so this would be the only remaining option. If they say the account is not recoverable, then unfortunately your only option would be to create a new account.
I hope all that makes sense. If you have any further questions on this, just let me know. Bear in mind that I do not personally have access to your account or the ability to reset your password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I need to reset my password. The difficulty I was having was to do with the disappearance of items which I would expect to appear in my sent messages folder after sending an email. Since my earlier contact, some of the emails do now seem to appear but others not. Instead they sometimes seem to go into my spam folder! These are emails I am sending including to my MP and on other official matters; that is to say they are not remotely Spam and this is still a problem

Are you using software to access your emails?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my gmail on my phone and laptop. Not sure if that answers your question...

Do you use Outlook to access them?

Experience: System Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not made this request. Do not connect to my device

You have requested the secure remote assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really haven't and do not want to do so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was offered this earlioer andf declined. I have clicked nothing since resuming this conversation that agrees to that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I note you have already deducted a further £21.84 in addition to the £5 I actively agreed to earlier. I did not agree to this and am unclear why that money has been deducted and what it has bought me. I am very unhappy about this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Is anyone out there listening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have heard nothing from you for more than 30’. I did not agree to remote assistance and am very unhappy that money has already been taken in what I assume is respect to this. I have sent three messages since without a response. This is not the sort of service I expect and will have no hesitation in advising people to steer very well clear of your organisation in the future.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I expressly forbid you to connect to my device. I have not agreed this.

Thank you for requesting the Secure Remote Assistance. It would be my pleasure to assist you.
To start please go to the link: https://secureremoteassistance.screenconnect.com/
Enter the code: 231678 and follow the steps to start.
Please let me know If you have any issues, I am patiently waiting
Andy