John T. F.
John T. F., Apple Consultant
Experience:  25+ years in the tech service industry, specializing in Apple devices
60674955

I am getting spam sent from my email address to me. has my

I am getting spam sent from my email address to me. has my account been hacked?
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: msn.com from outlook
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: iPhone and Mac computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: changing password ***** email address
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have also had same spam from an outside source

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today.

Can I see a screenshot showing how the original symptom looks like for a technical review?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bing - I'm not sure how to do that and get back to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand how this issue would require remote assistance. Can you explain?

The remote assistance offer is optional, offer by the site automatically, not me.

We are work here without using a remote session, though the remote session may give you the best experience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I prefer to continue without remote assistant.

Sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't seem to be getting anywhere

So we can move forward. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you don't know whether my account has been hacked from the experience I described, maybe it would be better to just change my email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The "symptom" is a spam email addressed to me sent from my email address
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to take a screenshot from my email account and then put it onto this page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bing, have you given up on me?

Yes, was on a phone call just now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think this is the site for me - just a waste of time to far with a mismatch in communication.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goodbye

Since you are using a Mac and iPhone then it is extremely unlikely that your system itself is hacked or infected with a virus. If you've changed your email password ***** it is also unlikely someone has direct acess to your account.

More likely, a spammer (or, even, a virus on one of your friend's Windows computers) is merely using your email address in an act of obfuscation. They "inject" your email address into the headers of the spam they are sending in order to hide the true sender of the email.

Eventually, the emails should cease (if they haven't already) as they move on to using another email address or the virus is cleared.

Hopefully, this answer will satisfy your concerns. If you still have questions or if something is unclear, please reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to help you further to try and get this resolved quickly.

Thank you and good luck,

John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, John! This is the sort of expertise I was hoping for first time around.

You are very welcome! I’m always happy to help. If you have any additional questions, please let me know at any time. You can submit new questions directly to me via the following page, as well, and I’ll respond promptly if I’m online:

https://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,

John

John T. F., Apple Consultant
Experience: 25+ years in the tech service industry, specializing in Apple devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you.