Vincent Breeuwsma
Vincent Breeuwsma, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT projectmanager at Sanoma
102644703

My PC seems to be stuck on a auto repair screen, and I have

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My PC seems to be stuck on a auto repair screen, and I have tried loads I options to get off it, but none seem to work.
JA: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?
Customer: My PC won’t load to the home screen. It’s stuck on an auto repair option settings.
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: I’m using an Asus motherboard and Intel CPU
JA: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Windows 10, Intel CPU, Asus motherboard
JA: What have you tried so far with your computer?
Customer: I have tried to reset the computer to factory settings but that doesn’t work, tried turning off and on, Scanning for repairs.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Vincent Breeuwsma replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** it is a pleasure to help you today. I understand these problems can be frustrating but I will do my best to solve this as fast as possible for you.

Could you please try to select the option "Advanced options", then click "Troubleshoot", then "advanced options", then startup repair. And then follow the instructions on your screen.

Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried doing that several times, but unfortunately it says “Startup Repair couldn’t repair your PC”.

Could you please try to select the option "Advanced options", then click "Troubleshoot", then "advanced options", then "Command Prompt".

Please see the following instruction on youtube. watch from 3:25 please. Its a fix to restore your registery. Please try that.

If that doesnt help you have to try to choose the restore option.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried both of those options and neither work aswell. The 1st option that you gave me it said that “The system cannot find the path specified” (and I tried that on c: and d:). System restore says “No restore points have been created on your computer”.

Last option would be to install a new installation of windows 10. You can install it from USB flash drive or from a DVD disc. Is that an option?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately that's not an option at the moment either