Jim Aloye
Jim Aloye, Consultant
Experience:  CEO/Founder/Owner at Aloye Computer Enterprises
107129646

New to WordPress. Was working fine but has now stopped me

New to WordPress. Was working fine but has now stopped me posting galleries when using a plug in - responsive Lightbox
JA: What feature of WordPress can we help you with?
Customer: Can’t use plugin to post galleriies. Was working fine but just stopped overnight
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello! Thank you for contacting me at Just Answer - an online expert question and answer website that connects visitors with verified experts in several categories including medical, legal, automotive, veterinary, and tech support.

My name is Jim and I am an expert with over 20 years of experience in the Technology/Computer/Tech Support Industry.

I am sorry to hear you are having an issue and will do my best to assist you.

***Please note, the Just Answer Platform will automatically present you with the option to purchase premium service as a convenience. You are not required to purchase this service to receive help. It is presented solely for convenience in the event you would like to utilize it. ***

Are you receiving any error messages when you attempt to post using that plugin?

If not, let's turn on debugging by following the steps listed here https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

Once debugging is enabled, you will get some information and error messages when you attempt to use the plugin. The error messages will be written to the debug log and that is what will be needed to analyze what is happening exactly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have gone to the article - what now

I see you have requested a Premium Service Remote Session and I will be happy to assist you via this premium service.

Please connect to the Windows/Mac OS Compatible remote session directly via https://get.teamviewer.com/aloye

If you are using Mac OS, please be sure to unzip the file and double-click the TeamViewerQS.app to launch the software once it downloads.

If are using Windows, please be sure to double-click the TeamViewerQS.exe file to launch the software after it downloads.

Once the software is launched successfully, I will see you in my queue and will be able to send the remote connection request to view and share your desktop so I can see the issue and troubleshoot it directly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having trouble logging in to Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there. I cannot log into teamviewe - password *****

You shouldn't need to log in to TeamViewer. If you close any TeamViewer instances you currently have running, and download the QuickSupport TeamViewer App from the hyperlink I provided above that should be all you need. Once your computer appears in my queue, I will be able to connect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have done that but am getting no response

I think I see your session now.

As I mentioned previously, the first step in troubleshooting the issue is to enable debugging and logs by interring 3 lines of code into the WPConfig.php file in the root of your PHP installation as documented at https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

In order to access the WP_Config.php file to turn on debugging and also set the log file and path, we need to log into cPanel, WHM, or Plesk. Once in one of those back-end admin control panels we need to launch file manager and edit the WPConfig.php to add the lines as specified in the knowledge article above. Once done, we need to reproduce the issue and then pull the logs to see the exact root cause so we can remediate.

During the remote session we have discovered the following:

You are hosted with FastHost.UK and as specified in https://help.fasthosts.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/2172 they do NOT provide access to the file system, file manager, cPanel, WHM, or Plesk unless you are hosted on a Dedicated, Virtual, Cloud or CloudNX hosting plan.

Since you are not hosted on one of these plans, this means you are solely beholden to FastHost.UK for assistance unless you somehow can get access to WPConfig.php and the log files.

During the session we found the root of the issue to be the Block Editor and the Gallery Plugin, so we enabled Classic Editor as a fix until the gallery plug-in gets updated to function properly. We reviewed how to insert the galleries using classic editor and reviewed the process for enabling the debugger. Glad your issue is finally resolved. Have a great evening!