Robert H
Robert H, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer and IT support Engineer
106466437

I just bought an HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer and got the

Customer Question

Hi, I just bought an HP Smart Tank Plus 555 printer and got the printer to work. But I'm struggling to get the wireless printing to work. Can you help?
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I live in the US, and have an HP printer there. so, think the HP software is up to date.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert H replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

---

I’m so sorry to hear about your issue. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. I understand you are having issues printing wirelessly.

Resetting the printer network settings may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure the printer is up-to-date with its firmware. If you are unsure, you can download and install the latest firmware update from here

1.) Unplug your modem/router and leave it powered off.

2.) Restart your printer, from the printer control panel, touch "Setup". Touch 'Network Setup", touch "Restore Defaults".

3.) Power off your printer

4.) Reconnect your modem/router and wait for it to re-establish its internet connection.

5.) Power on your printer.

6.) On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button

, and then press the Wireless Menu button.

7) Press the Wireless Setup Wizard button, and then select your network name from the list of available networks.Follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to your home WiFi.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Customer/p>

(Your friendly expert)