Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My external drive is not showing the files when i connected

Hi Pearl, my external drive is not showing the files when i connected it to my laptop. Would you be able to help me please?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?
Customer: Microsoft Windows Entreprise 10
JA: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?
Customer: I don't have those options
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My tech knowledge is very limited, so I may need some time to search tech language online :-)

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Please disconnect the power cable to the computer then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it now functions.
Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer is restarting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before i go ahead with secure remote assistant option i want to know if you understood the issue i am having
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see the external drive files when i connected it to my laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My laptop cant identified the external drive

Yes I understand the drive is not being seen by the computer

Please click this link

https://join.zoho.eu/933595210

and open the file that downloads

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, thank you for sending me the link. I will join this later as I have meetings to attend in the next 3 hours. Is that ok?

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, sorry for contacting you just today but I had a family emergency. Can we schedule some time this afternoon to help me with external drive please?

I is no problem, please send me a message when you can.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, thank you for getting back to me. I am available to connect with you, let me know when you can. Thanks

If you connect the drive on another computer, does it work on that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have connected the drive in other computers but it didnt work. I also replaced the USB cable without success
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i go to printers and devices i can see the WD passport is there but i can't see the files

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the drive itself then that has faulted, this will confirm it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the drive to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.