Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have just typed out a fairly email to you which I thought

Hello, I have just typed out a fairly long email to you which I thought I would be able to send after typing but apparently not (probably my fault for not understanding what was required). I will start again. I am continually receiving emails from Amazon with the following message (with variations); R.A.Watkins, We detected a sign in to your account from a new device; WHEN; June 04 2020 08.34 pm British Summer Time. DEVICE: Microsoft Edge Windows (Desk Top). NEAR; Central Bedfordshire, UK. Obviously the time on these messages is always different and, frequently, so is the area mentioned which I find quite puzzling since my home is not at or near any of these areas. I have great difficulty contacting Amazon Customer Service. They appear not to want to talk to customers which is strange. On one occasion when I did, I think by accident, get through to customer service they were somewhere abroad and not I'm afraid very helpful. I am asking Avast if you can help since I subscribe to your VPN and you might know what is going on here. I am beginning to find all these warning messages very annoying. Can you advise me? Bob Watkins
JA: How do you usually access Avast? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web Browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. I am not particularly computer literate and I wouldn't know how to start.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thank you

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Seems like someone tried to access your account, i suggest you to immediately change your login password ***** that account.

Next, setup 2 factor authentication with a cell phone link if the option is there.

You can also contact Amazon directly at this number to report them - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

-----------------