Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

The freeview box to my kitchen television ( model DN372T )

The freeview box to my kitchen television ( model DN372T ) cannot get teletext news, when I switch on the freeview box I get a message that the router is not working. The router is PT200AV. I have tried switching both off and on again after 20 minutes, but the router is still not working. I rang your help line 0345(###) ###-####this morning and spoke to someone called Axel who was going to organise an engineer, but couldn't get on to the engineer site,he asked me to ring later, which I did but the operator I then spoke to refused to follow this up as he said the details I gave him did not match my account. They were the same as I gave Axel this morning.
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: Yes, the router in the kitchen uses an ethernet cable which is yellow. I should mention that the system in my office is the same and is working OK
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: On the router in the kitchen, no lights are showing, in the office I have green lights to the power icon and the icon that looks like old fashioned scales
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: All of the equipment was provided by TalkTalk and has been working faultlessly till a few days ago. It seems to be only the system in the kitchen that is faulty. I can still get tv channels in the kitchen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as the device was not working it is presently unplugged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you want me to plug the device back in and re-connect it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go. Please ring me on my mobile***********or email the answer. Thank you

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That is strange, the details you gave should match up to their system unless you got the wrong company.

If on the router you see no lights then in that case, that router is not functioning. You should be getting some lights to know that it is active. Try this

First step is to ensure the cable connections are connected, next unplug them including the power. wait 30 minutes, then reconnect them back. Once you have a blue light in the front that means you have active, internet. And then test after this change. If it still does not work, call your internet provider to see if there is an outage in your area

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

-----------------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried this but what I am calling a router is still not showing any lights (which are usually green ) It is like a large 3 pin plug, does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my answer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot think that there is an outage in my area as I am using the internet to contact you

Not showing lights means that is it dead and needs to be replaced. Please call your internet service provider to provider you with a replacement