Robert H
Robert H, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer and IT support Engineer
106466437

I cannot connect my nearly new cannonmx475 to my chromebook

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

---

I’m so sorry to hear about your issue. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Printer setup may seem overwhelming, but it really isn't. I always suggest starting off by UNPLUGGING your printer for 2-3 minutes. Once it's been powered down for that timeframe, please plug it back in and wait an additional 2-3 minutes for it to completely power up and initialize.

Next, the printer will need the Canon software installed to work properly. Please follow the steps below to obtain the correct software for your printer.

• Navigate to http://canon.com/ijsetup
  • Next - we will need to select your exact printer. Select the First Letters of the Printer.
  • This will open a new set of options, where you can select your model number.
  • Once you select the model number, you will be presented with a setup file which you will need to download.
  • Download the file, and then follow the instructions on screen to install.

The software will then guide you through the remaining setup.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Robert_IT

(Your friendly expert)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK