ABDULRAMEESH PUTHANP
ABDULRAMEESH PUTHANP,
Experience:  IT Manager at Silvermount International School Kerala, India
104952468

I have an IdeaCentre 510S-08ISH Dexktop PC about two years

I have an IdeaCentre 510S-08ISH Dexktop PC about two years old and wish to update by 1) increasing RAM from 8MB to 16MB and 2) by installing a1TB SSD in addition to the existing 1TB Hard Drive.
JA: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Lenovo IdeaCentre 510S-08ISH
JA: What have you tried so far with your IdeaCentre?
Customer: I simply wish to update and improve the speed of the PC
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wish to know whether installing a 1TB SSD (probably by Crucial) will compromise the power supply of the PC.

Hello. My name is Ramees.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com. I look forward to assisting you.

I know it can be confusing when it comes to computers. But don't worry I'll try my level best to help you.

I have looked into the specs of your computer and it supports a maximum RAM capacity of 16 GB and you don't need to upgrade the PSU to install SSD.

SSD uses the same power as HDD regardless of capacity.

You can use SATA SSDs in your computer and you can put 2133 MHz DDR4 SDRAM in it.

If you are interested, I can send you links to correct SSD and RAM modules.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 10 OS. The present RAM is 8MB. Can I just add another 8MB to make it 16MB?

Yes. It supports up to 16 GB.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 10 OS. The present RAM is 8MB. Can I just add another 8MB to make it 16MB? Is it possible to install a SSD and keep the HDD as well?

There are 2 RAM slots in your computer.

If you have only one 8 GB RAM stick in one of the slot, then you only have to buy one 8 GB RAM to upgrade.

In case, there are 2x4 GB RAM modules, you will have to buy new modules.

And you can add SSD along with your current HDD.

Your computer has 8 GB RAM now. (not 8 MB).

And your computer can take up to 16 GB.

So you can add another 8 GB.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 10 OS. The present RAM is 8MB. Can I just add another 8MB to make it 16MB? Is it possible to install a SSD and keep the HDD as well? Many thanks Abdulrameesh finally is it possible to obtain clear instructions from Lenovo about installing a new SSD/

If you still have support they will be able to help you.

Or you can create another question in just answer and the experts here will be more than capable of helping you with that.

Don't worry it is an easy process. Just plugging the DATA and power cables. That's it.

Please feel free to ask if you have any doubts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 10 OS. The present RAM is 8MB. Can I just add another 8MB to make it 16MB? Is it possible to install a SSD and keep the HDD as well? Many thanks Abdulrameesh finally is it possible to obtain clear instructions from Lenovo about installing a new SSD/ You have been very helpful and encouraging, many thanks, David

You are most welcome!
If you are satisfied with my service,
I'd kindly request you to rate me as an Excellent Service or 5 stars and click Submit at the top.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
And thank you for using Justanswer.com.
Best Regards,
Ramees PP