Robert H
Robert H, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer and IT support Engineer
106466437

I have a new iPad and can't get it started. I can't remember

I have a new iPad and can't get it started. I can't remember what my answers were to the security questions on my previous iPad which firmerly belonged to my deceased husband.
JA: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?
Customer: I can't answer the security questions as I can't remember my previous answers.
JA: What Apple model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: My new one is iPad (7th Generation) Wi-Fi 128GB
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: Bt
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I give up.
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm 85 and getting very fed up.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today! ūüėä

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.

---

I'm so sorry to hear you are unable to access your iPad.

The only way to unlock an iPad with a passcode, other than entering the passcode, is to "restore" it to its original factory settings.

To restore your iPad -- which deletes all of your data (songs, photos, videos, apps, and so on) on the iPad use the following directions. Be absolutely sure that you have backed up the content on your iPad before restoring it.

Apple's official instructions to restore an iPad are:

1. Connect iPad to your computer.

2. Select iPad in the iTunes sidebar, then click the Summary tab.

3. Click “Check for Update.” iTunes tells you if there’s a newer version of the iPad software available.

4. Click Restore. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process. When restoring, it is recommended that you back up iPad when prompted. When the iPad software has been restored, you can choose to set up iPad as a new iPad, or restore your music, videos, app data, and other content from a backup.

Please additionally note that Apple staff also cannot unlock an iPad for you without restoring the iPad, which will erase everything on it.

If you need additional support - you can reach out and speak to an Apple Representative:

https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=cups

Next click iPhone, then click Apple ID & Cloud, then select Lost or Forgotten Apple ID Password

Then choose Talk to Apple Support Now

If you need any further assistance, I am happy to help!

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

Robert_IT

(Your friendly expert)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This all sounds too complicated for someone my age. I think I'll wait and consult an IT friend. Also my computer is playing up and I can't get it fixed until lockdown ends. I assume I'd lose all the content on my current iPad which I don't want and I don't know how to back it up. Thanks anyway. I give up for now, I thought it would be easy but it's not.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for trying to help me.