SAFEER KADAMBODAN
SAFEER KADAMBODAN, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT SUPERVISOR at Millennium Central MAFRAQ HOTEL
106612307

Lenova 90g9 desktop...no video output....screen ok leads

lenova 90g9 desktop...no video output....screen ok leads ok...can I change out video card or is it integral?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your 90G9?
Customer: windows 10
JA: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?
Customer: yes still no video to screen
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

its Safeer from Justanswer Tech Expert here to assist you.

Please let me know how many graphics cards you have in your computer, if you have one graphics card i recommend you to connect Monitor to graphics card port

otherwise if you did not install the graphics card driver software in your computer, i recommend you to disconnect Graphics card and get display from main Motherboard Monitor port and once you have display install the graphics driver for your card model from vendor site and shutdown computer to connect graphics card again to boot computer.

Most updated drivers can be downloaded from nvidia or amd website depending on model of your graphics card. that is the first step has to do before connecting gpus. thank you for the question.

BR

Safeer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trouble is I think graphic card is integral moniter is connected to graphic card port but no video output on monitor...IT IS NOT THIS DEVICE BUT ANOTHER PC THATS NOT WORKING

please open the CPU case to see if there is additional graphic card installed, if there is remove that and also RAM memory remove and connect it back. and connect Monitor to motherboard monitor port to get display.

appreciate if you can share desktop model and picture of backside ports.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot do anything with the faulty computer as I have no screen display ...is possible to download files from faulty pc without screen display by connecting my good pc

you may remove the Hard disk from old pc and connect it to new pc to backup the data new pc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have open there is no additional graphic card....model is Lenovo 90g900
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where would mother board connection for monitor be?

hmm it has hdmi or vga port, should be in backside only.

did you try both HDMI and VGA port in backside of your desktop to monitor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hdmi..tried but no output......can I save files from faulty machine without taking out hard disc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If VGA is blue 2 screw plug then I tried it.

hmm, then there is something wrong with your computer, not display problem. please try RAM memory remove and put it back and start computer.

the computer should have display to backup files, otherwise option is to Hard disk connect to another working computer only as last resort.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried good monitor from this machine on faulty pc but still no video output

you may get USB enclosure for hard disk, so you can connect old HDD to your new Computer USB port.!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried resetting ram...still no video output....sorry don't understand USB enclosure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looked at enclosure on amazon. What is it and how will it help?
You can remove Hard disk from your old pc and put it inaide the Enclosure and connect that Enclosure to your new working computer's USB port, so that you can backup your files.Hope i answer your qn, please rate my answer.Thanks
Safeer