Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

Sly box not working - no green light - have re-booted

Customer Question

Sly box not working - no green light - have re-booted several times
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Don't understand how that is relevant. It's my TV that isn't working?
JA: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: TV is quite old - perhaps 12 years Fujitsu, model number unknown. It is being replaced in 4 weeks - but it's the sky box that isn't working
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: All three TV's linked to this sky box are not working. I can get menu up on TV though
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Fujitsu? What happened right before this?
Customer: TV was working earlier today. Then screen went blue. Rebooted everything and noticed SKY box will not come back on. No green light. Will come up on screen saying SKY HD + but after one minute it just crashes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There is a red light on the centre circle of the box - underneath SKY+ HD
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 7 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

That means the Sky Box is having an internal system board issue, its best to get a replacement, i suggest placing a request at 0333 7591 018

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back before rating. I am here to help you. If you are satisfied with the answer, then kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
But it was working 2 hours ago. Is it likely that it has just suddenly broken beyond repair?
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 7 days ago.

Hard to tell, since its a rental box, you can get a replacement from Sky, it could have had a power surge