Sayed
Sayed, Computer Support
Experience:  Tech Support at Blackbox Technologies
104514781

I WANT TO GET RID OF THE PROGRAM I SET UP BY MISTAKE, DOC TO

Customer Question

I WANT TO GET RID OF THE PROGRAM I SET UP BY MISTAKE
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: DOC TO PDR
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: DELL LINUX MINT
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I AM HOPE;ESS WITH THE COMPUTER I STARTED THIS YESTERDAY AND HAVE GOT INTO MORE AND NORE OF A MESS
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sayed replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** i look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. If you get an offer for premium service please ignore that for the moment. That offer is automatically generated by this website.

Where did you install that program from? Is it from the internet or you used a disk to do that?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
internet
Expert:  Sayed replied 15 days ago.

Do you see the installed program on the Linux Mint Start menu?

Expert:  Sayed replied 13 days ago.

Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Method 1

Open the Linux Mint menu and look for a program you want to uninstall. You right-click on the program and you will see the option to uninstall it. Then, you need to confirm that you want to uninstall the software. After this, the program will be removed from your system.

Method 2

The second way to uninstall software in Linux Mint is through the Software Manager. Open Linux Mint Software Manager and search for the program you want to uninstall. Finally, click on the Remove button and it will start the uninstall process.

Method 3

You can uninstall programs on Linux Mint is by using the Synaptic package manager. Open Synaptic package manager from the main menu. Next, in the search field, type the name of the program you want to remove. Select the package and right-click on it. Select Mark for Complete Removal and click on the Apply button. Synaptic will show you a summary of what is going to be done. After you click apply, the program will be uninstalled.