Robert H
Robert H, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer and IT support Engineer
106466437

Printer HP ENVY 5546 * months old Done testes and the

Customer Question

Printer HP ENVY 5546 * months old Done testes and the printing says all is ok ..new inks show result BUT as soon as I want to print a photo or anything in colour it always prints in black
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: ASs I have just informed you
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: 2 weeks
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: every day for that same period
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Test result fine
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert H replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today!

Please note: If you get an offer for premium service please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me. I can offer you whatever is needed to solve your problem.
---
I’m so sorry to hear about your issue. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. I understand your HP Printer won't recognize the new ink.

1. Replace the old cartridge with the brand new HP cartridge. In between, before turning the printer “On’ after changing the cartridge leave it “off” for 10 minutes.
2. Turn the printer power button “On” after changing the cartridge.
3. Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet and plug your printer power cable back in the wall.
4 Press the power button on the printer to turn the printer back on.
5. If it still does not work, clean the metal contact on the cartridges and printer where these two meet when you place the cartridge in the printer.
6. You can use soft cotton cloth or lint-free cloth to clean the contacts.
7. Reboot the printer and try to print something again.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Also, thank you for giving me the chance to help out today.

If there is anything else that I can help with today, please let me know. My goal is to provide excellent service to you!

(Your friendly expert)