Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

A couple of quite techincal social media questions haha.

When one is initially blocked on Facebook, how is it that four to five days later their (blockers) picture reappears on messenger ?
Very strange...
Similarly with Instagram, if you've been taken off, then can see profile but not posts, and now can see all again ?
Always thought if you can't see any profile that means blocked

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Correct, once someone is blocked they are still blocked however, their profile is just cached with that image so it shows up in the profile.No they cannot see anything, they wont be able to view the profile

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back before rating. I am here to help you. If you are satisfied with the answer, then kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
But a few days after you've been blocked ? (and a blank photo during that time) I can't understand that

You mean this is someone you have blocked, correct?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
No, actually I was blocked, an overreaction by a friend, I was unblocked too, but since the blocking (Thu) the messenger image was blank. Tonight his picture has reappeared on my messenger app, don't get that

Its just a cached image that shows up from the history

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Okay, thanks.
Strange how it takes so long

You're welcome, Pleasure assisting you.

--

Hope that helps you out today, Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you. Thank you

If needed, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Pleasure assisting you.