Bing
Bing, Computer Scientist
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE
96068672

My old phone broke and ive had to get a new one. you sent me

my old phone broke and ive had to get a new one. you sent me a new sim which is in and activated but i cant get my sms messages which are very important. how do i get them please
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: yesterday but it keeps cutting out and switching off. new one all set up
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: its just the sms messaging i really need. we get doctors and hospital appointments through on this
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i dont think so
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. As general step, you need to first reset the network settings of the phone in order to initialise the relevant settings including SMS text messaging centre number of your phone number provider.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How
Please advise the name of your phone number provider and the full brand name and model number of your phone, the I can provide the specific instruction accordingly. Thanks.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
vodafone provider. new phone is HUAWEI P smart 2019
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i dont want to switch to remote assistant.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
are you still answering my query
Please wait, I am getting the instruction for you.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Here you go. Please follow the steps given by the following official link.https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone/smart-v8-android-7-1/troubleshooting/messaging/i-can-t-send-and-receive-text-messages/44/