Bing
Bing, Computer Scientist
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE
96068672

I have received a telephone call from someone foriegn who

Customer Question

I have received a telephone call from someone foriegn who said that they were calling me from BT to say that my internet and telephone would be deleted today! Is that true?
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: I do not have a smart phone! It is an BT telephone!
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I use a laptop for my interernet connection. I really need to be on Facebook 24 hours a day!
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to always have internet connection and BT phone calls!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bing replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

If you see a foreign number and a person on the other end saying he/she was from BT, then it is a scam call. Please do not disclose any personal info over the phone. Just hang up and ignore this call.

If the scamming calls are endless, call your phone provider (BT or others) to block all calls from the given number.