Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Ke******-Al****. I'm a BT customer since June this year.

Customer Question

Good morning. My name is L*** Ke******-Al****. I'm a BT customer since June this year. I've been having issues with my connection since early hours of yesterday. The connection from the bt socket and my hub got removed. I called your office and I was assured I would get it send yesterday but I'm yet the see it. The address is *** Sc*******k N** R**t. PR8 6PU. MY BT hub number is ***** JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable? Customer: Neither But TV nor broadband is working JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router? Customer: Now purple. It was green before JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you? Customer: Blinking

Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 17 days ago.

Hi, my name is*****’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your system. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Bryan replied 17 days ago.

The blinking purple light indicates a faulty/damaged cable connection, and you will need to raise a service request with BT so that can send a technician over to fix/replace the cabling. Please get in touch with BT via phone at 0800(###) ###-####or 0800 800 150 (Monday-Sunday: 8am-8pm) and follow the prompts to raise a service request. Alternatively, you can raise a complaint online using the following form:

https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appscomplaints/index.html#/complaint/raise

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I think all I need is the connection plug and how to attach it or better still, the whole wire and plug attached. How do I do it? I use my mobile data to browse and my kids cannot assess the TV services.
Expert:  Bryan replied 17 days ago.

Yes, please see my above reply for contact options now.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I need the wire. It's a manual problem, not what you can do all the way from your end.
Expert:  Bryan replied 17 days ago.

Yes, only BT Support will be able to provide you with a replacement cable for the BT Hub device, or send over a technician locally to replace it for you. Did you get in touch with them via phone at 0800(###) ###-####or 0800 800 150 (Monday-Sunday: 8am-8pm)?