MariaNina Aquino
MariaNina Aquino,
Experience:  Tech Coach at Concentrix
109092274

How do I open a zip file? Samsung Windows 10 can't tell you

how do I open a zip file?
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Samsung Windows 10 can't tell you much more as I'm a technophobe - sorry - but its about 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't really tried anything other than clicking on the file and it not opening because its a zip
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just help with opening zip files please

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question & Answer web portal.
I'm Maria Nina, your tech expert for today.
I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I will do my best to help you sort this out quickly.

Here is how to Unzip files in Windows 10.

To unzip files

• Open File Explorer and find the zipped folder.
  • To unzip the entire folder, right-click to select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
  • To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry - I don't doubt you but prefer not to hand over control to anyone. I've tried double-clicking the zip attachment to an email to no avaul.

Please don't mind the Premium Service Offer you see in the screen. That is just an automatic offer and is not initiated by me.

Try to download the Zip file first before you try to follow the steps above.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry - I prefer advice as to what to do myself.

You have to download the file first and locate it in File Explorer.

After that, you can follow the steps in this link to unzip the file: https://www.howtogeek.com/668409/how-to-zip-and-unzip-files-on-windows-10/