Kyle
Kyle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Technology Consultant at KA Helpdesk
107309638

I am trying to set up a second hand apple watch on my i

i am trying to set up a second hand apple watch on my i phone 7 and i think it has been registered to the original owners account , i can`t get in touch with the original owner ( activation lock is on ) so its not recognising my email account and password ***** can you assist please ?
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: i havn`t changed my apple id for a very long time
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: no , how do i do that ( and how can you type so fast ) i`m 67 years old
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hope he`s patient
Hello! I am Kyle, your friendly technical expert from Just Answer!
As you know the Just Answer platform has a wide variety of experts available online including electricians, doctors and lawyers.
Firstly, sorry to hear about your issue. In order to work with you safely online please be advised that I work in accordance with the troubleshooting guidelines issued by your manufacturer / service provider and will help you to get back up and running again.
To begin please allow me a few minutes to review my assistants notes and gain a deeper understanding of your problem.
I am going to review my assistants notes now, can you please give me a few minutes to do this please?

Follow the steps here to gain access to the watch - https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205009

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i`m going to try to contact the original seller if i can and get them to remove it from their i cloud account ,then i suppose i should be able to register it in my name with my account details

No worries, is there anything further that I can advise you on today?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i just cant seem to connect it to my i phone ( keeps saying activation lock is on ( i dont know how to remove it )

Is there anything further that I can advise you on today?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
it doesn`t make sense , i dont know how to turn off activation lock on my phone

The steps provided were inline with your manufacturer / providers troubleshooting procedures. These procedures were designed to solve the issue that you are experiencing. As this is not working for you right now, can you please let me know the step that you are struggling with please and confirm that you have completed every step in the guide?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i cant find activation lock on my iphone 7 ( i can see my find my )

Ok as you have exhausted the guide here, the next step is to take this to your local apple store as they are the only ones that can unlock this. Activation lock is a theft protection technology that apple introduced to stop the circulation of stolen goods.

When it was sold to you the person should have removed the lock as per apples terms of selling to a new user.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thank you for trying to help , i`m 67 years old i will try taking it into an apple store

Kind Regards,

Kyle