Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I've just purchased a six month pass to watch on my lg smart

Hi, I've just purchased a six month pass to watch on my lg smart tv, it's coming up as no longer supported. Help please!
JA: What LG model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: It's about 7-8 yrs, but I've always been able to watch Now tv previosly. I have a Virgin Tivo 6 box
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It's ok with BBC iplayer and amazon, I dont have accounts with anything else
JA: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?
Customer: Nothing wrong, it was fine
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can try and find tv info if you give me a few mins

Hi, my name is*****’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your system. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Just to clarify, what service/provider did you purchase this pass for?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello Bryan

A remote session will not be possible on a TV, so I'll request a refund for the remote assistance fee as well.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry, not sure what you mean. I just wanted a 6month Now tv pass to watch on my tv

OK, got it - you are having this issue with NOW TV.

Please stand by; typing up some steps now.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Just one more thing; do you have your TV model number?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
LG47LA620V

OK, got the issue. NOW TV stopped support for older LG NetCast OS televisions on the 24th of August, and that includes your TV model as well. But no issues, if you contact Now TV they will send you a free Now TV stick that you can plug in to your TV to access the channel/subscription thereafter. To do this, please open up the following link:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Click SIGN IN and sign in to your account - it will then show you options to chat with one of their live reps. Once you explain the situation, they will process a request to send you a free Now TV stick thereafter. Thank you,

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Will do, Thanks for your help Bryan