Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am trying to download Skype on my MacBook Air and it keeps

I am trying to download Skype on my MacBook Air and it keeps telling me that my disc utility?? won't allow
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: Good question I am having the same problem trying to download Quiktime for mac
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: all done
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes my latest update is Catalina 10.15.6

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Please click this link

https://join.zoho.eu/7911361180

And open the file that downloads

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My computer won't let me download zoo assist either it says Dick Utility cannot open files in "Disk Image" format

Power off the mac

Click the First Aid tab.