John T. F.
John T. F., Apple Consultant
Experience:  25+ years in the tech service industry, specializing in Apple devices
60674955

WiFi connected but no internet. Internet light comes on on

WiFi connected but no internet. Internet light comes on on router flickers and goes off.
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: Sorry I’m not very technical at age 82
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: three Green twoflickering
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don’t think so. Thank you

Hello! I’m John, a JustAnswer Expert, and I’ll be assisting you today. Thanks for your question.

If remote assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Who is your internet provider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sky

Thanks!

First please disconnect all cables from the router (making note of where they are connected). Leve the device off for 1 minute and then reconnect all wires. See if your internet connection is reestablished.

Hopefully, this answer will satisfy your concerns. If you still have questions or if something is unclear, please reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to help you further to try and get this resolved quickly.

John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Orange light comes on, flickers and goes to green and still flickering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not being technical I don’t know but the router is 9 years old, could it be faulty?

I'm sorry to hear that.

It is possible that the router is faulty, but it could also be an outside issue. Sky has a location based outage map service that you can check here: https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked the map, I’m on tne edge of an area west of east Anglia. Peterborough

Does it show any outages for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not in my area

Thanks. This may be a hardware issue. I recommend calling Sky customer service at 0333 7591 018. Staffing levels may be low currently but diagnostics and other troubleshooting can be run from the appropriate dept to help confirm which side of the connection has the issue.

John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your assistance

You are very welcome! If you have any additional questions in the future, please let me know at any time. I'll be happy to help you further. You can submit new questions directly to me via the following page and I’ll respond promptly if I’m online:

https://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,

John