Stuart Woods
Stuart Woods,
Experience:  IT Technician at GWP Computers
25110304

Its not my computer, i think ive been scammed and my phone

Customer Question

hello its not my computer, i think ive been scammed and my phone number is ***** used on google voice!
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: Iphone 8plus latest update
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tonight i accidentally gave my number to a dating site, they asked for it to send a verification number .... they never replied so looked it up and seems its a scam where they have control of my number through google voice etc how can i retrieve my number from google voice?
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andrew Taylor replied 12 days ago.

Hello & thanks for choosing JustAnswer.com!

I'm an expert with 10 years’ experience and it's going be a pleasure to help have your issue resolved today. I understand it can be frustrating when you have technical issues, I’m really sorry to hear this has caused you an inconvenience but that’s why I’m here to help get it resolved.

Can you tell me what troubleshooting (if any) you have done?

Andy

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
non yet
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no this is about my phone
how do i contact google to remove my number from google voice etc
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
are you there or is this also a scam

THis is not a scam!!

What happened?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I already told someone on here
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I submitted my phone number to a dating site, there said they would send a code which they did, then they dissapeared, i googled it and seems its a scam to use my number for ther google voice calls.
How do i retrieve my mobile number number from google voice?

Someone scammed you by telling you some story and telling you to enter a two digit code on your phone. Entering the code permitted the scammer to then use your phone number to obtain their Google Voice number, using your phone as their required forwarding phone number. The only way to fix this is to either "grab back" your phone number from the scammer's GV account, or to change your own phone number. To attempt to take back your number:

• Go to https://www.google.com/voice and, if you have never created a Voice account, click the "Get a Voice number" link, and then follow the instructions to get a Google Voice number.
  • When asked for a forwarding phone number, don't enter your number that the scammer stole. Instead, enter some other phone number, at which you can receive one verification call from Google. It can be any non-VoIP home or office or mobile number, which hasn't been previously-used to obtain a Google Voice number. You can remove it later, after you recover your stolen number.
  • This time, do answer the verification call and enter the two digit verification code from Google. Never do this under any circumstances, other than when you initiate this procedure yourself.
  • After your account is set up, go to this page: https://www.google.com/voice#phones
  • Click the "Add another phone" link. Now, enter your scammed phone number as the forwarding phone you wish to add. If the reclaim process for this number hasn't been used repeatedly in the past, you will get a warning that the number is ***** in use on another account (duh!), and would you like to reclaim it. Respond yes, of course. This will remove the number from the scammer's account.
  • Don't fall for this scam again. Never respond to a verification code request again, unless you are the person making the change to your account
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
that website does not work
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
HELLO?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
what is happening?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK SO YOU ARE SCAMMING ME TOO
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Jesuz christ

What do you mean it does not work?

I am helping multiple people please be patient.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the website does not open

Click on it (the link)

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
which link?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am not handing over control of my mac to anyone
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What is happening with this please
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
HELLO OMG THS IS TERRIBLE
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
IT ANYONE THERE?
WHAT AM I PAYING FOR
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
HELP ME
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Well you cant help can you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thats my problem?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the site you sent me cant be accessed!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 days ago.
I am sorry you are not happy with the answers and service given so far.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer from a different Professional. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Expert:  Stuart Woods replied 11 days ago.

there is different types of scams.