Tech-Expert
Tech-Expert, PC Support Specialist
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer
104823085

I have had a hotmail account for 20 years, from my computer,

Customer Question

I have had a hotmail account for 20 years
JA: How do you usually access Hotmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: from my computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: non until advised to do so by you. my email address in Hotmail is
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to get back to being able to asccess my email account PLEASE I am 86 and welcome any help you can get for me My email addess is***@******.*** I have a new outlook account***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tech-Expert replied 7 days ago.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.

I understand that you are facing an issue in log into your email account. If that is correct, I will be glad to help you in fixing the issue.

Microsoft allows its users to reset the password ***** one of two different ways. Below, I have written out the instructions for each of the two options.

Option 1:

• Go to the account recovery form: https://account.live.com/password/reset
  • Enter the email address linked with the account and click on Next.
  • You will be prompted with the options to verify your identity.
  • You will now be asked to send a code to your recovery phone number or email address.
  • Select the option in which you need to get the code and click on Next and click on Get code.
  • A verification code will be sent to your Microsoft recovery phone number or email address and then enter the code you received, click on Next.
  • Once you verify the identity, you can reset the password.

NOTE: You must have access to the recovery phone number or recovery email address to recover the account. If not please try contacting your phone service provider and check if you are able to get back that number.

Option 2:

If you are unable to recover the password ***** if you do not have access to the recovery options, you can submit a request to Microsoft. They will review the request and get back to you.

1. Go to https://account.live.com/ACSR
2. Enter the email address which you need to recover in the first box and in the second box, enter a different email address, which Microsoft can use to contact you.
3. Verify the captcha test by entering the characters you see on the screen to prove you're not a robot, then select Next.
4. A screen will pop up asking you to enter the code sent to the alternate email you provided above. Access your alternate email address you provided above, check for the code from Microsoft and enter the code on pop up, click on verify.
5. Next you will be asked to fill the form. Try not to skip questions. If you're unsure of an answer, take your best guess rather than moving on to another question. Use a computer, phone, or tablet where you frequently sign in. Use the same browser (like Chrome or Safari) that you usually do. Be in a location where you usually sign in, like at home or at work.
6. Once done, click on Submit, and Microsoft will review the request & get back to you at the alternate email address you provided above.

If in case the email is not recovered after submitting the form, I suggest you use the below number, which will get connected to Microsoft customer service, they will be able to help you to recover the account for you.
(800)(###) ###-####/p>