Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have money in my account and the transactions are not

Customer Question

I have money in my account and the transactions are not going through - also top ups from my bank AIB have not gone through even though there is plenty of money in my account
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: ii have done transactions from my I phone and I am contacting you from my I pad
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: i phone 7
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did my first transaction on 9 th October - went through I then also sent 4€40 to Italy - showed up as if it had gone through - did not go through - sent 2 transaction to friend to day - confirmed with me it had gone through but she has not received money
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no except I am very frustrated
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues.

What exactly is the account that is having this problem? Is it a PayPal account? Venmo?

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No it s Revolut a/c
Expert:  Jess M. replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. After reading your problem description again, I believe the problem is with your Revolut account. You mentioned that you tried to top u using your AIB bank account and you have a lot of funds there, but the transaction was not successful.

I highly suggest that you contact Revolut using their In-App chat feature if you have it on your smartphone. In that way, they can check your account and provide you the steps to fix it.

They might also tell you to call your bank especially if it was your bank that was at fault. That is, if it was you bank that is blocking the transaction. It is like, you want to put money on your Revolut account by taking it from your bank account but your bank account will NOT initiate the transfer of fund to Revolut. That happens too but the very first thing for you to do is contact Revolut to see the root cause of the problem and then fix it.

Here is the link:

https://www.revolut.com/contact-us

Thank you and I hope that helped.

Best regards,

Jess