Max
Max, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Consultant, Network and System Admin
98676717

My Mum uses an iPad to contact her son in Oz. It was

Customer Question

Hi! My Mum uses an iPad to contact her son in Oz. It was originally his. Unfortunately she pressed too hard on the Viber icon and deleted account, (she is 94) It's now in my very 'untech' hand so im struggling. My brother said he set it up in her name and gave her her own gmail. It is still showing Apple ID as his name***@******.*** and when I try and reinstate Viber it asks for Apple password. It doesn't work with hers and it locked although my brother said he had remotely unlocked it (899128 verification code) it seems to be locked again (verification failed) and I'm now stuck plus my poor mum is lost without her means of communication. Please can you help
JA: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?
Customer: How do you mean.? I'm not very tech savvy
JA: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I have my brothers details and also the details he had when he gave her the iPad which was then set up for her
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I'm not very technical !!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Max replied 3 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

My name is Max

Sorry to hear about the trouble , I know that can be frustrating.

Hopefully, I can answer this quickly for you.

***

How to unlock your Apple ID

If you use two-factor authentication, you need a trusted device or trusted phone number to reset your Apple ID password and unlock your account. If you have a recovery key, you can also use it to help you regain access to your account.

If you see a message that says your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes Store, contact Apple Support for help.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

If you can't unlock your Apple ID

If you use security questions with your Apple ID, or if you don't have access to a trusted device or phone number, go to iforgot.apple.com. Then you can unlock your account with your existing password ***** reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

**

You can also call apple:(###) ###-####

reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204106

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi! I’m baffled by reply which was similar to what I had got when I googled ( except I didn’t have to pay!) I am now at the ‘I forgot’ stage and it is just showing a circle going round and round. I can’t unfortunately speak and talk this through as I have a neurological problem effecting my speech
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I already feel I’ve paid £5 and not really had any help. I feel that if I give another £22 it may still not be resolved. I will contact my brother and speak to my son and hopefully they can resolve it.
Expert:  Max replied 3 days ago.

You can download support app from here and chat with Apple support: https://support.apple.com/contact

Expert:  Max replied 2 days ago.

If you have additional follow up questions you'd like to ask, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify or work on another solution if there is one.

Your satisfaction is my goal.

Thank You for using JustAnswer.com !

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi Max. My son has sorted iPad. Can I please ensure that you cancel the subscription to just answer. I’m afraid I expected to be taken through the process step by step and info you gave me was the same I had from google that hadn’t helped me.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I m afraid chatting was not possible as I had mentioned I have motor neuron disease which has robbed me of my speech
Expert:  Max replied 1 day ago.

Thanks for the update,

you can cancel membership here: https://my-secure.justanswer.com/managepearlunlimited