SaloniM
SaloniM,
Experience:  Expert
110384226

I am trying to create a paypal account. I attempted to join

I am trying to create a paypal account. I attempted to join before but it was for business which l do not want. I want PayPal in my name please the other application should be cancelled
JA: Which PayPal product do you have?
Customer: I started to open a paypal business by mistake. I want to join paypal for my own use so the earlier attempt needs to be cancelled as it is coming up when l try to create new account.
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Here’s how to sign up for a PayPal account:

1. Click Sign up for a PayPal account.
  2. Select the type of account you would like to create, and click Get Started.
  3. Enter the required information and click Continue.
  4. Follow the instructions to complete your account sign-up.

Once your account is ready, you can add a credit or debit card and start sending payments right away. Learn more about how PayPal works.

You can also click on the below video link for more help.

https://youtu.be/lnvJnxOiFus

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It is still saying l already have an account. Can this be deleted please

If you have already created the business account then you can convert your business account to an individual account by following the below steps.

Step 1 :

Log in to your PayPal account with your Email Address and Password.

Step 2 :

After that Click, the “Help & Contact” link which is located in the bottom left corner of the page.

Step 3 :

Subsequently to change PayPal from Business to Personal, here you will get a “Contact Us” link in the bottom right corner of the page. Click on that link.

Step 4 :

After that click the “Email Us” button from the bottom of the page.

Step 5 :

In this page click the dropdown option “What can we help you with? “. Now select the main category as “Account profile and set up” now in the subcategory dropdown you can find “Upgrade or downgrade your account” click on that. Now type your message that you want to downgrade your account from business to personal. That’s all you will get a reply from PayPal within a few hours.

Here is some situation arises, some country shows this option and some country not. So if you can see these options on this page then you can use these steps to Message them and your job is done.

Hope it helps.

SaloniM,
Experience: Expert
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I cannot get into the account as l don’t have the correct password. Surely the original account can be cancelled. There has been no usage of it.

Yes, you can definitely close and delete your account.

You can follow the below steps to Close Down a Business PayPal Account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the Profile button next to Log Out.
  3. Click on the Profile and Settings button.
  4. Click on Account Settings.
  5. At the top of the Account Settings page, you will see a Close Account button next to Account type.
  6. Click the Close account button to delete your PayPal account.

Kind regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Saloni when l attempt to login it says “please check your entries and try again. What can l do please.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am unable to log in l must have wrong details.

This error might occur because either one of your username or password ***** ***** that you are entering.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have already told you l cannot get in. Can l have a password ***** please?

Here's how to recover your password:

1. Go to www.paypal.com

2. Click "forgot?" next to Password.

3. Click "Get started."

4. Click "I don't know my password."

5. Enter the email address you used to create your PayPal account.

6. Enter the security code, without spaces, then click Continue.

7. Click "by phone."

8. Select a phone number for us to call you at, pick a time, and then click Continue.

9. When we call you, enter the 4-digit code, and click Continue.

10. Select a method of account verification, enter your information, and click Continue.

11. Enter a new password ***** click Submit. You will automatically be logged into your account.

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

Okay, I can go ahead and remotely connect to your computer to resolve this issue.
Please click this link and follow the instructions provided so I can connect:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=000c8967-11a2-4375-a627-707ce0248899

Then click the I Agree button near the bottom of the web page to download the remote assistance program.
Select Run if prompted and if not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to start
the remote assistance session