SaloniM
SaloniM,
Experience:  Expert
110384226

I get an error message when I switch on my computer. I have

I get an error message when I switch on my computer. I have to press F1. It then opens up but the date is then set to 2009. I can reset the date. I an get on the Internet when date is reset. I have to restart the computer when the date is reset.
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: Windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, from Microsoft I think. I have antivirus updates also
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please elaborate on the exact issue you are facing so that I can help you with the resolution?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
See my question

May I know what exact error message you are getting while you are opening your computer?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Press (F1) to resume, F2 to Setup

If new hardware was recently installed on your computer, you may receive the prompt "Press F1 or F2 to enter setup". If you receive this message, the BIOS needs you to verify the configuration of your new hardware. Enter the CMOS setup, verify or change your hardware settings, save your configuration, and exit. If you continue to receive errors, continue to the next step on the below link to resolve the issue.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000192.htm

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Further information:error 0271 check date and time settings. Warning 0251 System cmos checksum bad - default configuration used

Thanks for requesting a remote session.

Your remote request is open to all the experts now, someone soon will take your system on remote and will fix it for you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think it is fixed. Many thanks

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Saloni

SaloniM,
Experience: Expert

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

Okay, I can go ahead and remotely connect to your computer to resolve this issue.
Please click this link and follow the instructions provided so I can connect:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=60047137-b555-42ae-afbf-a9d18c199648

Then click the I Agree button near the bottom of the web page to download the remote assistance program.
Select Run if prompted and if not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to start
the remote assistance session