SaloniM
SaloniM,
Experience:  Expert
110384226

I have received a call from someone claiming to be from

i have received a call from someone claiming to be from Micro soft and she has given me an id number MW00505. Can you confirm please.
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no, only those which come automatically
JA: The Microsoft Office Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Microsoft does not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information, or to provide technical support to fix your computer. Any communication with Microsoft has to be initiated by you. ... Error and warning messages from Microsoft never include a phone number.

If you receive a call like this one, it’s a scam. Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.

Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This was not initially unsolicited. My computer locked and the screen came up with a number to call, which I did.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my computer now. I've run Norton full scan and it came up as clean. I just want to know if the person I spoke to with ID MW00505 is a genuine Microsoft person.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
She asked for £385 which my bank blocked. It sounded like a scam to them.

You may ignore the automated pop-up message that you see on your screen. It is completely optional.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Have you seen my further comments?

Yes, that's definitely a scam because Microsoft never directly calls any customer and asks for money.

Please avoid such calls and never get in such a trap.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your advice

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with JustAnswer today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.

Kind regards,

Saloni