SaloniM
SaloniM,
Experience:  Expert
110384226

You have recently updated my laptop to microsoft windows 10.

you have recently updated my laptop to microsoft windows 10. Since that I have lost the "sound" on my laptop, I have lost "sound" and hence I have no sound for daily catholic mass for both my elderly mother and myself. Please advise me what action you are taking to repair this error. My email -***@******.***
JA: Is this happening with internal or external speakers?
Customer: I never had to use speakers. The sound always came from my lap top. I have been in contact my local IT technician today. He has informed me that he has had numerous customers with the same problem, all because you have not updated the voice for windows 10. While it works with external speakers, which I can't afford, it is not working of my laptop as it used to.
JA: Did you try updating the sound driver on your Microsoft laptop?
Customer: I have just said I have been with a IT technician today and he would know to do that. He advise me the problem comes from your side as you update "windows" but not update sound side also. I'm suffer from epilepsy hence what you ask me to do is away "out of my league"
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: All I, and my mother, expect you to do at the moment is to get the "voice" back working again. It is very important to both of us so we "don't miss mass" this Sunday

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look

forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know with whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am so so disappointed with what this is costing me to insure that both myself and mother just to go to "catholic mass" especially as my mother is a pensioner and I am an epileptic and both of us living of a VERY VERY tight budget. Shame on you !!!

In order to resolve the issue, you need to check Sound Settings by following the steps.

Besides checking whether your speakers are muted or the volume is turned up, you can check to ensure your devices aren’t disabled. To do this, click Start > Settings > System > Sound. Select your device and then click Device properties for your input and output devices.

Uncheck the Disable checkbox for your devices and check if the audio works again.

In case that doesn't fix the issue then you need to Update Audio Driver by following the below steps.

Outdated or malfunctioning drivers can also cause audio and other hardware problems. Check that your audio driver is updated, and if not, update it. You can also uninstall it and it’ll automatically reinstall on your computer, use the generic Windows audio driver or try and roll back the audio driver.

To update your audio driver, right-click Start > Device Manager.

Expand the Sound, video, and game controllers category.

Right-click your sound card or audio device, and click Update Driver.

Click Search automatically for updated driver software.

Windows will search for a new driver. If not, check the device manufacturer’s website to download an updated audio driver.

If updating the audio driver didn’t help, uninstall it and restart your PC to reinstall the driver. To do this, go to Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers and right-click your audio device or sound card. Select the Uninstall device.

Click Delete the driver software for this device box, and select Uninstall. Reboot your laptop.

You can also click on the below link for detailed steps to resolve the issue.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/audio-not-working-on-your-laptop/#:~:text=If%20updating%20the%20audio%20driver,audio%20device%20or%20sound%20card.&text=Click%20Delete%20the%20driver%20software,Reboot%20your%20laptop.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I no longer wish to avail of your service, so please cancel my membership to your service. I await your reply to this email 26/10/2020

am sorry for any misunderstanding. I suggest you to please contact our billing team for any account-related queries.

Link to connect with the support team - http://www.justanswer.com/hel.

Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I do not wish to avail of your service

Okay. Have a nice day!

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I no longer wish to avail of your service, hence I wish to terminate your service

Okay.Good Day.