SaloniM
SaloniM,
Experience:  Expert
110384226

Tv keeps coming up for your information no program of this

Tv keeps coming up for your information no program of this type in the middle of the screen in blue goes when you press back up
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: no
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know who is your TV cable operator?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sky
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Reboot your Sky box

Firstly, try resetting your skybox with a simple reboot. To do this switch off the Sky Box directly from the mains and do this for all connected devices (this may include your internet router). Ensure that the lights on your box have completely disappeared this is s signal the box has no power. Leave the box for a couple of minutes then turn the box back on at the mains. If the reboot was successful the light on your Sky Box will be green and the Sky Welcome channel will appear on the screen.

Update the software on your box

If resetting your box didn't work, try updating the software on your box:

• Press the standby button on your remote, then turn your box off at the mains.
  • Press and hold the backup button on your box.
  • While still holding the backup button, switch your box back on at the mains.
  • Keep pressing and holding the backup button for up to 30 seconds, until you see all four lights on the front panel turn on, then release.

If the lights don't appear, you may need to schedule an engineer visit to have your box repaired.

If the lights do appear, go to the next steps.

Your box should now be in download mode, which can take between 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Don't turn off your box or try to watch TV while the box is in download mode. You may see an on-screen message saying "Updating System Software" when you switch on your TV.

Once the download is done, the box will switch to standby. Wait 3 minutes. then press sky on your remote to turn your box back on.

Check the Service Status page

The Service Status page will be able to tell you if there are any outages in your area. Sign in with your Sky iD and you’ll find all the information you need.

Check your Sky remote

If the signal strength from your Sky remote isn’t strong enough, the batteries could need replacing. If you’ve reset the box but you still seeing problems it could be an issue with your remote.

Check the weather

If your Sky TV is not working because of bad weather, this is because wind, rain, or other conditions will be affecting your TV’s satellite signal. Wait for the bad weather to pass. In the meantime, you can still enjoy your favorite shows on Sky Go, on-demand, or watch any recordings you’ve saved to your Planner.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Saloni