Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Cannot get on my Tv for the tennis from Paris I am paid up

Customer Question

cannot get on my Tv for the tennis from Paris I am paid up today with my subscription what is the problem
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Sony it is 3 years old Ive never had a prob lem before it is showing the screen savers
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I can get it on my laptop no problem but I would sooner watch tennis on the bigger screen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

Hi, my name is*****’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your system. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

Please ignore and close any remote offers if they show up on this page; they are not sent by me.

Just to clarify, do you have a Roku or some other streaming device attached to it? When did this issue first start?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I just want to watch the tennis that is why I have amazon I am paid unto date please connect
Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

OK, I see. Do you have an Amazon Fire Stick device attached to the TV now?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I will noon pay any more I have already paid
Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

Do you have an Amazon Fire Stick device attached to the TV now?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
i have an amazon fire Stick which has always worked perfectly well
Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

OK, got it. Please stand by; typing up some steps now.

Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

Please try this first:

Disconnect the power cord from the Fire Stick, and then disconnect the TV from the power outlet as well.

Then, disconnect and re-connect the Fire Stick firmly into the TV's HDMI port.

Then, re-connect the Fire Stick and the TV back to power, and turn them both back on.

Then, check how it works now. Also, make sure to use the SOURCE button on your remote to select the HDMI connection, if not already selected.

Let me know how it goes; thanks.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It just isn't working got all the Prime video and such but it will not show Have changed the batteries in the remote but still doesn't work
Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

OK, I see. Please allow me a few mins.

Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

What exactly shows up when you select the Prime Video app now? Does it just show a blank screen?

Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

Next, please reset your Fire Stick device to factory defaults as instructed in the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GBVZEZKT6A6LH4UP

Once done, follow the prompts to set up your device once again and check if it works all right now.

If you continue to face issues, please open up the following link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?

Click on the "Start chatting now" button and follow the prompts until you are connected directly with an Amazon agent via phone/chat. They will be able to assist you with further troubleshooting steps from here.

If you have any follow up questions or issues later on, you may reply back to me below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Have finally got a broadcast thank you I just closed everything down changed the batteries in the remote, I dont think they've been changed since we got the fire stick, perhaps was the problem
Expert:  Bryan replied 20 days ago.

OK, I see. Thanks again for the update :)