SaloniM
SaloniM, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Expert
110384226

My broadband has dropped from 42 download to 23, its not my

Customer Question

My broadband has dropped from 42 download to 23
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: its not my computer it’s my tv
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: sony 4 years the problem is not my tv!!!
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: tv works fine
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?
Customer: all was fine up to Friday last
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: its not my tv
Category: Computer
Expert:  SaloniM replied 19 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know with whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?

Expert:  SaloniM replied 18 days ago.

Without your valuable response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Please click on the below link and follow the instructions to get this issue resolved.

There are many causes of slow Internet speeds. Some of the most common include:

1. The age of your computer. Many older devices lack the memory to achieve the best download and upload speeds, even when the Internet connection and service are strong and robust.
  2. Connection to the website/browser you're using. The speeds you can achieve when downloading or uploading documents, files or photos are affected by the distance from your computer to a website, as well as the path, speed and capacity of the website's connection to your own network.
  3. Website traffic. Popular websites may be the most difficult when it comes to achieving higher speeds. Often, this isn't even a problem with your connection, but the result of an overloaded website.
  4. Viruses. If there are viruses or unnecessary software running in the background on your device, it can reduce processing power as well as the speed available for sending and receiving data across the Internet.
  5. Software. When is the last time you updated your computer or phone's operating system and other software? If you're running an older operating system, you may not achieve the highest speeds when downloading or uploading.

Kind Regards,

Saloni