Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have spilled coffee on my laptop, Hp 17-ca001na, Didn't

Customer Question

Hi, I have spilled coffee on my laptop
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Hp 17-ca001na
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Didn't install any
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have dried the area, then hold the laptop upside down
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 23 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues.

First, if the battery of your laptop is removeable, please remove it.

Your main goal here is to let the laptop 100% dry. You can do it by leaving it OFF for a long time, or by having the laptop fanned for several minutes or an hour. Once you are certain that the laptop is completely dry, especially if you can estimate that the amount of liquid spilled could have evaporated over the time you fanned it or left it unused, then it is safe to turn it ON.

Thank you and I hope that helped. If you need further assistance, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess