SaloniM
SaloniM, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Expert
110384226

I hope you can advice.I'm building my very first PC. If my

Customer Question

Hi,I hope you can advice.I'm building my very first PC. If my Palit RTX 3070 GPU has a bus type PCI Express 4.0 and my motherboard with a PCI 3.0 slot will they be compatible? Simplified, is a motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B550-F and a GPU Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming Pro 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express compatible?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Rog?
Customer: Windows 10 professional
JA: What have you tried so far with your Rog?
Customer: Well I haven't got it yet
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if my hardware is compatible
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It has an AM4 socket and I'd like ro know if Ryzen CPUs (not threadripper) are AM4
Expert:  SaloniM replied 17 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know with whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi.My name is***** trying to get a gaming PC for my son
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have no idea what parts we should get.My son suggested the ones above and I have to make sure its all compatible
Expert:  SaloniM replied 17 days ago.

Hi Magdalena, Yes they are compatible, you just have to take care of their versions available. But if you're not much familiar with the PC building then I would recommend you not to build it yourself and there are many complications that occurred when you're combining the parts. I would advise you to build it by taking help from the PC expert near your location.

Hope it helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni