Jim Aloye
Jim Aloye, Consultant
Experience:  CEO/Founder/Owner at Aloye Computer Enterprises
107129646

CV_DS (39) icon stolen from my desktop home screen. Need to

Customer Question

CV_DS (39) icon stolen from my desktop home screen. Need to recover it to edit phone number and put on my current, new email address. PLEASE HELP!
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Packard Bell, windows 7 desktop.
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO. Have found file but unable to edit it and then create short cut. Old email address was *****@******.***. New email address is *****@******.***
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jim Aloye replied 24 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting me at Just Answer - an online expert question and answer website that connects visitors with verified experts in several categories including medical, legal, automotive, veterinary, and tech support.

My name is Jim and I am an expert with over 20 years of experience in the Technology/Computer/Tech Support Industry.

I am sorry to hear you are having an issue and will do my best to assist you.

***Please note, the Just Answer Platform will automatically present you with the option to purchase premium service as a convenience. You are not required to purchase this service to receive help. It is presented solely for convenience in the event you would like to utilize it. ***

**** Please note that I work with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in the order that they are received. If you have responded to my information request or have asked additional questions but have not heard back from me, it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer in front of you or may be offline. Thank you for your cooperation. *****

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER BELOW

May I ask what application the CV_DS (39) icon is associated with? Once I know more about the nature of the problem, I will be able to provide you with an action plan to resolve.

Expert:  Jim Aloye replied 24 days ago.

Ultimately, you may solve the problem by manually creating a desktop shortcut to the application by following the steps listed in the knowledge article below.

https://www.howtogeek.com/436615/how-to-create-desktop-shortcuts-on-windows-10-the-easy-way/

​Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance, and I will be happy to help.